HEALTH AND SAFETY
The health and safety of every individual at Camp Tamarack is our top priority.
Much like Bend-La Pine Schools, Camp Tamarack will continue monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will work with our local school districts, Oregon Health Authority, CDC, and local health care facilities to continue to follow best practices and take proactive steps to any health related issue impacting our communities.
As stated by Shay Mikalson, Superintendent Bend-La Pine Schools, based on current information, the Center for Disease Control and our local and state public health departments continue to consider that the risk to most Oregonians is low. You can review statewide tracking here.
Camp Tamarack will follow the CDC non-pharmaceutical interventions by taking everyday preventive actions, including:
• Making sure students are washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing nose, coughing, or sneezing.
• When soap and water are not readily available, we will use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Advise students to avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Advise students to avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Advise students to stay home when sick and not attend Winter Wellness
• We will clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Like Bend-La Pine, individuals who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home and not come to Winter Wellness until they are free of fever and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines.
For more information, you can visit this link on COVID FAQs.